Saturday 12 December 2009

Sapuan in The Fifth

There were only three of us who came for Silat training last Wednesday night. Others couldn't make it because of personal commitments or perhaps the heavy rainfall earlier in the evening that made travelling  harder, especially for the ones who rely on public transports to get to the studio. Nick the middle-aged Japanese guy, Marcus the Filipino-Chinese fellow Malaysian and the Malay me, I. I have yet to find the correct usage of the word 'me' and 'I' eventhough it has been in my mind for quite some time.

So, that night we revised the Four empty-hands striking Buahs which we have learnt the previous nights. Nick too, like me on the previous class didn't realize that he has learnt more than one Buah. He thought he only learnt the First, and the other moves were Pecahans. Well, I was not the only one.

Later that night, we were introduced to the Fifth Buah by Guru Jak. One characteristic of this buah is, it employs the Sapuan or Leg Sweeping moves in it. Cool stuff when it works perfectly. Perfectly to me means, the opponent's head lands exactly right in front of you, after executing the leg sweep, so that you can follow it up with continous  devastating blows to the immediate target.

Guru Ed was not around again that night, so, I took the opportunity to fully concentrate on revising the Empty-hands Buahs that we have been taught. The leg sweeps need alot of practising especially.

Before we left, I was trying my best to recollect the sixth before the next class but to no avail, yet.

Salam

No comments: