Sunday 27 December 2009

Elbow Techniques in Silat

Earlier during the day, I was casually going through Youtube not really looking for anything. However, I stumbled into an interesting find, and I find it worthy to be kept as a reference for personal study and to share with you.

Below is a video of elbow techniques as taught in the Cikalong Silat system, demonstrated by Guru Bambang Suwanda and Guru Bobbe. I find it interesting because of the variety of techniques and applications of the elbow alone. I can say that there are much similarity to the elbow techniques and applications that I have learnt in the Harimau Berantai system, eventhough the entries are not as similar.



I hope, together, we can benefit and progress in our Silat studies from the efforts of our Silat brothers who created and shared this precious video.

Salam.

No comments: