Thursday 17 December 2009

Picked Up My Weapons Again

Guru Ed was back in training last Wednesday night. So, it was time for me to pick up the Belati,  Sauh, Sakti Pencawangan and the Bokken again and start training weapons again after several nights of empty hands revisions.  So, that night we did eight Buahs and three Pecahans of Belati, eight Buahs of Sauh, and five Buahs of the Sakti Pencawangan.

My knee hurt a bit from a collision during a very light kickboxing sparring session earlier. Not that I am complaining but I felt a bit uneasy during my Silat training last night, especially when I was going for the low attacks. It was my left knee that collided, but my right knee felt strained too due to my shifting most of my body weight onto my right leg.

Hmm.. to ease the pain on the left knee, I allowed the right knee to suffer too. Reminds me of a Malay proverb, 'Cubit paha kanan, paha kiri terasa juga', which translates, 'Pinch the right thigh, the left thigh aches too'. What the proverb really means is 'If one cause hardship to one's own family member, one will only cause hardship to one's own self ultimately.

Well, the proverb and its meaning bear no relevance to the circumstances that I went through, but, the proverb itself, in relation to my mishap, do bear some degree of similarity.

 Salam.

No comments: