Thursday 11 March 2010

Flipping the Kerambit Again

First of all, I would like to apologize for keeping this blog quiet for a very long time. I'm not sure if I will be as active, but I will try to update when I have something to say.

I've been missing a few sessions with my Guru. No, I don't have a really strong excuse for skipping class, but I find the need to spend some time with someone for a time being. So, when I came back training tonight, I first bump into my Guru and he immediately asked me what was wrong. I just said I had flu. Yeah, I did, only I din't tell him it was nothing serious.

So tonight, I didn't join the whole class training the Buahs. Instead, I was asked to face the wall for the entire training duration. Not to reflect on my wrong doings, but to flip a kerambit back and forth for one and a half hour. So throughout the entire duration, I was concentrating on my kerambit in my hand, and not participating or even take notice what was going on behind my back.

I am not sure why the sudden intensive Kerambit training tonight, possibly, a weapons documentary is in the pipeline, or maybe, it is just time for me to start training the Kerambit again. Whatever it is, it felt good to be back training again, and updating this blog again.

Salute!

7 comments:

Richard said...

Good to see you back, Ilm. I missed your posts.

Stick to your training, man, you're very blessed to be able to train with Guru Jak, and have Scott and Ed around.

All the best.

ilm said...

Hi Richard.

Yes you're right.. It's really a huge privilege for me to study and train under Guru Jak, Scott and Ed. Even the new students coming in have decades of experience studying other systems. Guru Ed helped a lot with my Kerambit last nite.. :)

Salam

Tiger said...

Selamat Ilm,

Glad you're back and I know how you feel. I am one of Guru Scott's students from Hong Kong. You are definitely lucky to be training with three great teachers. I too have been slacking on my training--I am extremely busy with work and my own education. I love the kerambit myself and just got two beautiful ones from Indonesia. I've been flipping them a lot myself.

Jaya

ilm said...

Selamat Tiger..

How are you? Yeah.. like Richard said, i'm blessed, so i should not take my training for granted :)

hey.. show me ur kerambits one day..

salam..
ilm

Tiger said...

You know, you were probably being punished for not training and not telling Guru Jak what was going on, which is why he had you flipping the karambit by yourself. I don't know Guru Jak personally, though, so who knows?

I have tons of karambit...your blog has me inspired to start my own. :)

ilm said...

haha Tiger.. yeah.. maybe.. :)

yeah.. i know u should.. i wanna see. r u working on it now?

kerambit is my favourite tool.. but i kinda like to own a push dagger too..

then, i thought i didnt like tekpi, but after learning to use them, i began to appreciate the brutality of it.. ouch! hehe.. life is good.. :)

salam

Tiger said...

Haven't started on it, but I will soon. I like karambits and kuku macan, but I think I like the badik most of all. Two of Guru Scott's students will be coming to Malaysia next month btw--you might well run into them during their stay in KL. :)

I have only trained with sai (Japanese tekpi). I know Guru Jak has lots of nice toys. I'll definitely try and come out to KL later this year!